|Re: [eigen] solve with and without check|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] solve with and without check
- From: Andrea Arteaga <yo.eres@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:11:35 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:subject:date :user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:message-id; bh=l7/xl2CgqjiZuZnFfJp6UaiMFTv11uxm1JJiXfe9AeI=; b=uShRQd52NX30aIBSGYudzG1gneuCVo9oQZ5JAn0l+Naz444WvO1qpCUkyrKGseioNH KjwduslQEuNXJHauryk/bprMUSAdtxMclbpmuR/Z2m/NC2tg573B+S8tdsNxZhy1prEl B/kn1DnP2/G04oT5cQCNyL/Mv3ckqzXFXROsw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :message-id; b=v/LLz+Pj68evNIWzgr/OEFzmdsV7ai3qnA60gkkUeq31k3eE1HY4NJq0/ioGq49BF+ +WLw8GvF4On34OMXEivhSBby6Er/5SzmfCdSp+8v3hyIv059BUMG4WlnEtdlcDm29QRl fSJW78ileWBFSfH5YePLXLDKhElxGQ8U+qPD0=
> --> i propose the following change:
> in all decompositions that have a solve() checking for existence,
> let's rename solve() to solveWithCheck() (or whatever native English
> speakers prefer... perhaps trySolve() ? checkSolve() ? )
> then let's add a method solve() that doesn't do any check, making it
> the responsibility of the caller that a decent solution exists.
Or the opposite.
For example if one want to access to a matrix without control, has to use the coeff() or coeffRef()
methods, while the operator() (i.e. the primary choice) makes a control. In order to ensure the
consistency with the other parts of Eigen, the solve() method should make a control, while another
method (solveWithoutCheck() or whatever) should return the solution without performing the check.