[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] short term plans
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:58:13 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=sQhqDmiUPLt0r9EhOjAtTU9hxgMsiEFYV7jF9pddS9o=; b=udiyPi2WmB6ZWj4L7eVRhFtfFibAvweMX+H96zx92HERaW/rugNInptueOL8dgmY/h 962pPhRuOEMiTO5fEVfZPX1z+X0OmZ2Mz2zyf8a3UdUE+yGhnG8MUcJcFCuelYxffwjP 1dLcDCZUP5bZrUBdMuvkdO6xiLM1SrpNbSvE0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=M+YZajzbtu4ZxhcDCBaQoqt2NHIIJTzjZyj5U5br38u0Jk1uuooWgU869VPIUNasbw SJZTBhebRBAg0W/hDE1RlQ1uGXSM5qj6Qr2kiTbJmrKS/SIIlMT4kTgIkEPDW2MfnxxS OXyOT+RlwAGaRXy04sz4t9NYpVnsx0aMSz3Ag=
I thought that it'd be useful to update the list on the plans for the
next Eigen version.
Basically, we don't know if the next version will be called 2.1 or 3.0
or something else. The reason is that the development branch isn't
100% compatible with 2.0, but the improvements are large enough that
there's no looking back.
We also don't know when it will be ready. I know that it would help
other people to work with us, if we could have a clear timeline.
Hopefully in about 2 months (?) we'll be able to decide on a release
schedule. I don't think that the release can happen in 2009, so let's
vaguely say: first half of 2010.
At the moment there are people using the development branch and asking
for online docs. What we're going to do is, in a few weeks, we'll make
a tag (with a codename, not a public version number) on the
development branch and upload api docs for it.