|Re: [eigen] Cumbersome syntax questions/feedback|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Cumbersome syntax questions/feedback
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:44:10 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=XFq5dOdhiJMmYs3WV9cs/yfWGdqS8YJZSA8k9hUXEok=; b=C4SKjjPQ5vPhgs5Tnx7UqHT9x7CiAaITKq++eeU/w+alBGPlzneyCEDX4VKBklqCcO y6+nPdMS97weBvcuy7fOcI15uvtCAXZ9OEYxMLp005tBL/Mq2Qihji1D9BzQagmumX8+ lpCfTuu4a6ueeapvIZM7e06OJ3q5haF2Q9aps=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=EDdYk11/+JKA8BpQrh4aHkOFua40/ppYMS4F8FBw5ao/ipdsRSsb0yDRLDoYcKUSuV DiQKZXsIqOrCmHXlJrQDxBzZXLVlks3535QRrNmaDxJDDMIC0WHPkUelzPASkwzocL11 /MY+isqs6+HHRe2+KGdVJwwnNSD5HoLqU3bEQ=
2009/8/17 Staffan Gimåker <staffan@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Is there a reason that operator()(int,int) is treated specially?
I guess, because it is the single most basic accessor/mutator. However:
>And you are absolutely right on the expectation part -- it wasn't until
>I discovered the operator()(int,int) shortcut that I wanted col() and
>row() shortcuts as well.
this is kind of a good reason to not even provide operator() in
Transform, then :)
Actually, I notice that Transform doesn't have coeff() and coeffRef()
methods. That's unpredictable, since it has operator().
Gael, should we remove operator() in the next major version (which is
incompatible anyway) ? leaving as deprecated for now to allow a
smoother transition ?