Re: [eigen] eigen sqrt compilation error

May I suggest Eigen/Eigen include ALL functionality that is considered stable and part of the "official" Eigen. I think speeding up compile times is less important than making an easy to use interface. If a developer is concerned with their compile times, they can notice an entry in the FAQ that tells them how to speed things up (selecting a subset of headers, precompiled header options?...) .

Caveat: I'm an Eigen newcomer and so I am unencumbered by knowledge of the specific issues :)

-- Mark

Benoit Jacob wrote:
Finally, I added a Eigen/Dense header, including all the dense
functionality, but not Sparse, and not the workaround files
QtAlignedMalloc, StdVector.

Rationale:
- this is only 15% slower than Core on my test, while it becomes 35%
slower than Core if I also include Sparse.
- we can still offer Eigen/Eigen alongside if you still think it's
needed. It would include Dense and Sparse, but still not the
workaround files. For that reason it's a bit misleading : the name
Eigen/Eigen suggests that all is included. Tell us if you still want
Eigen/Eigen.

Benoit