[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] git
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 16:04:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=vKaHogY3TpXoYSFnC284czx/QHEOEE2yBi8b1EX4Hr0=; b=FQHT2+j7R5y8NJWpBIk492eKenMKur3biXXbfBZAWGUCkzydNVYynAvqwxxCE3ueuE LzSGFxTKIG9VIXqyPMRZgtCcI8cRS9S70kF6/01OjEnuSCe06EyyZSIDo0FbC1KdiJX4 4ptxu/fiYTvF0X7ae2UbiWZ2RrvgVMhhSoxXA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=FT8EylfMWciGQWP68rMOvwMDpjrYXUz8ULRePuJgsv0oIxgASJEjP5wMOFtvvzhSWA +5Cvr96RjBhmUjqZKbma2T1D1LZJpOqTsWdPWa8Y0tVr3RKX28AYFiZA6hSrb2Q8kH3H Ivfr9HTNsxxhchWlcw2eweemKxd0l3hUWyWCQ=
2009/5/3 Cyrille Berger <cberger@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> But at the moment we have KDE trunk that relies on Eigen trunk. So in
>> order to keep things convenient for KDE, we could, in the short term,
>> keep a copy of eigen in kdesupport, where it is now, and update it
>> from time to time by re-syncing with the git repo (any pointer
>> appreciated as to best practice to do that).
> I must say that having a "read only" mirror of code in KDE svn is usually
> *not* accepted by sysadmin, KDE subversion is intended for active
> development, and people expect the possibility to be able to commit in that
> part of svn. So when moving to GIT/Mercurial, it would be expected that
> eigen is also removed from kdesupport.
I know about this rule (it was discussed a lot about GMM when we had a
copy of it), and that's why I intended to remove eigen from KDE SVN
after a few monthes (say after the 2.1 release).
I don't think it makes sense to stick strictly to this rule and remove
I just wanted to make it more convenient for KDE by letting a copy of
eigen there in the very short term. That will be helpful until eigen
2.1 (which kde 4.3 requires) is available.