[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] converting to Hg
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 00:04:24 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=BEJmzwgOcAbAoHZSSpGLbaREYub1hFzE+gRoMN9eelI=; b=cJojqdeqrFKmLGoICvXB/9Pwy0mYdDVQ1yHOPRPkmbaakdkKY+MCpG2ZLklcofAGpF 6D5kBH1S/4I6EUbOhOF/sCaVAGNugx0aw2upxklLjhU7DKPGVcq30W6KAihau+Lho27k F3cSl0xHAcE+lyq3zg9Oq4G98e2urfrdmW1OQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=H5hgrCQUHKqllAgZ1RNMU/PizQ5ljaolMCIMEJhkXuPxJpw8bcmn5GLvSaSAfa1kyI TG82t9eE7RCIZfjuCrxVBhrdiYeaYUlj5QV6/lrJ3wJPTeOicDApgERimKZPKtQ+er2h 27yvCbVXOAtv/SGNxEjINNn2nByA3IP6CDe44=
As you know, Thomas has been experimenting with converting the SVN of
Eigen to Mercurial (aka Hg).
His latest result can be seen here:
As far as I can see, this latest version is flawless. There are only 2
branches, our trunk ("eigen2") and the 2.0 stable branch; there is no
merge (as far as i can see with my limited Hg knowledge).
So I'd like us to proceed with the migration.
First of all, i think there's a detail to sort out. The default
branch, aka the "trunk", is named "eigen2". Is that normal practice?
I've always been used to that being called "trunk" but maybe that was
That aside, the next steps are:
0) important: no commit anymore in SVN
1) we make one last SVN tag, call it "before-hg-migration"
2) Thomas updates the Hg conversion and uploads that to bitbucket.org
(he already registered the name eigen for us:) )
3) we make a tag in Hg, call it "after-hg-migration"
Of course 0) will never be completely respected until we remove eigen
from kdesupport, but if some KDE developers commit there, that'll be
only minor changes, so it wont be a big deal if we have to merge.
PS: Hg has excellent tutorials, make sure you read: