Re: [eigen] SSE square root

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Gael Guennebaud
<gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This file has my sse float implementation for square root. The SSE
>> square root instruction has only 12 bits of precision so extra
>
> where did you find sqrtss or sqrtps has only 12 bits of precision ?

This info is from the CUDA classes. The lectures put up there say that
the precision for square root is only 12 bits. Now I need to confirm.
Your idea for a approximate reciprocal square root, a mul, and 1
iteration is a good one. Let me try that.

--
Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/

Senior Undergraduate