|Re: [eigen] Re: [PATCH] Reverse expression (trying again)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: [PATCH] Reverse expression (trying again)
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:16:42 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=qgrFzhggyA90eS0nAvIAwiqtxOnCgbgIw4VDf6l3AFY=; b=SuUlwLxpgGkJ7oTBhKsejrJHivUXsQaYTgXAJbzXlm0jHFXxm/rg9pJzPJW95oZy3Z QasfQ0AV4yg25MHGKtJ7TxgprOPRXPerqp1UUpiS2WTbWQupqc/HcDl6A+Y0JsjG/X8P qc+u5ggDueOC68/PHABYVp+cUdkDFaOUrZBVY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=CeJmUDK1654gEhS2LHCaUGsT/KrzQt4B58TbSr570Tj4FwkGP2Nwo2nMDZcu6oJtPf pQdSJNcxd/Y8+3BEWLH0dxR48jlHSdU5PBugB6zHjRxNigIusicSN+Xgklu5esFONJPs EcBhvF4GKa/XF74RS9Ao/LZnV3AI60YlJHReY=
thanks for the patches. I applied them with some minor modifications:
- move Reverse to the Array module
- update the computation of the flags:
* remove: LinearAccessBit, PacketAccessBit, AlignedAccessBit, etc.
* keep the original storage order (to my understanding the storage
order does not change)
- I commented part which should not be currently used (packet functions)
Since the Reverse expression cannot have the LinearAccessBit flags,
the index based coeff*(int) functions will be called on vector
expressions only, and so they can be significantly simplified.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Ricard Marxer Piñón
> Ok here is part 2.
> I tried to tackle the index based coeff, coeffRef, packet and writePacket..
> I'm not sure it is right, please review it.
> I have also made a small change to the doc snippet of PartialRedux.
> Let me know if I'm on the right track.
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Ricard Marxer Piñón <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Hi again,
>> This time I think I've got it right. Or at least righter.
>> I have added tests and as Gael suggested I have added a template parameter
>> to Reverse so that PartialRedux returns an expression (however I still don't
>> know if I've got that part right).
>> In the tests there is one commented part, which I would like to pass in
>> the future but I think it is a bit more complicated.
>> The patch as been generated using git:
>> git format-patch git-svn
>> So to apply to svn it you will need to do (I think):
>> patch -p1 -i 0001-adding-Reverse.patch
>> The coeff(int index) and coeffRef(int index) are still not handled
>> (reversed). That will come in the next patch.