|Re: [eigen] qr().solve() implementation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] qr().solve() implementation
- From: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:12:25 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Ol0NZvlvOyFPupq2G0dCvJFM5P6TCsRs8tro37tYal4=; b=jxFIwgo5CyAOifzbFicfNwBmv1Z6OkTEwnE/7L0FTDfHgpuJfkVgSyzzbYUgfu6Mcg SwqFg0nZHXG/D503b3Ukca/ETx80yJIzW87C77ziHpMzk19wg+GG4xdRFFtWWlM0MfBK 1/Xsx7DbXocQ5Ukt7Jdy5QJqO+f79NQUdr+C4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kpwdN6ccComvThRRq+t8it9wCExKwCHqVRXtx0hGZOhKxWHeOcPl7lKNZx5iSbOwDQ hypaTTyrmVYrz95hYuaHzePj2AJxjUQCfRqDslTV+O7TLA9f8fj/xQ43LzDdbedMg7Wz 5H60sn9oqt2PI5aLphLSOUgUuJK+zEuTY6tcQ=
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> thanks for the patch, however there were some shortcomings because you
> assumed the input matrix was full rank.
Yes, I realized that the patch was incomplete; I sent it more for
comment than to be committed as is. Thanks for adding the
Note that the file doc/snippets/QR_solve.cpp doesn't appear to have
been committed, so I don't believe that part of the docs is correct.
> here is the commit log:
> [10:46] <CIA-60> ggael * r917639 eigen2/trunk/kdesupport/eigen2/ (4
> files in 3 dirs):
> [10:46] <CIA-60> QR: add isInjective(), isSurjective(),
> [10:46] <CIA-60> mark isFullRank() deprecated,
> [10:46] <CIA-60> add solve() (mix of Keir's patch and LU::solve())
> [10:46] <CIA-60> => there is big problem with complex which are not working
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here is a (incomplete) implementation of qr().solve(b, &x).
>> There is something wrong with the generated docs; it seems to take the
>> results from LU_solve.cpp rather than QR_solve.cpp but I don't have
>> time to figure this out now.
>> It is probably wasteful in that it explicitly computes matrixQ() and
>> matrixR(). However, it does work.