|Re: [eigen] Computing left nullspace of A when rows > cols|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Computing left nullspace of A when rows > cols
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:38:22 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=x9wU3QHo431Az5AJQYl8L3s+B2E8tc165Z12fBLPKc4=; b=whlN8ZCzfECnlnbshneh7r7V6/skqGDfQs+jwuNzLHfRLwXxWHLNlfZKft5Fm1Zaon sW6df376IxroQxswbqMcNaB+49+dkL2hZ4O2zCE+n7pmSuZRSN/2QUywl0yQ/BHesdeq tfxcw3VGrwri3GHT0JOTW7s9taNoVGLRfeZJM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=XdG0J1+RvWMCRqxeUGd6oy2guZovjx+/vrTbkmlTWRNmNg7wEAdU3H+rAQyWR9crhX 9/7KH8W/Kzv0yXqAr1S2TxMys6JeNDE7gPp4NMRaKeONoaklH1W4LIcCAINg1nuxcHku Iz7zfPtgFhymN5FPai0CC+VgsLUkvlRPcHd94=
The SVD is undergoing a rewrite from scratch for 2.1 so it is a very
good moment to make feature requests.
Can you please tell me what "left nullspace" means ? I'm a "pure"
mathematician so I'm not always aware of the matrix computations
I wouldn't spend time modifying the existing SVD, instead Keir and me
are going to write a new one as soon as we have time.
2009/1/30 W. James MacLean <james.maclean@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I would like to use Eigen to compute the left nullspace of a matrix A where
> A is n by m, and n > m. Assuming we denote the decomposition as A = U S
> V^*, then (currently) the U returned by Eigen is n by m, and the columns
> corresponding to the left nullspace are missing.
> Is it possible to either (1) compute these easily using some other facility
> already in Eigen, or (2) modify Eigen so it outputs the full n by n U
> I know that, generally, I could do this by transposing A and computing the
> right nullspace, but then cols > rows and Eigen doesn't seem to support
> this for SVD at present.
> PS- I *really really* like what I've seen of Eigen so far - way cool!