|Re: [eigen] Proposal: add M.fill(y) as a synonym for M.setConstant(y)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Proposal: add M.fill(y) as a synonym for M.setConstant(y)
- From: Ricard Marxer Piñón <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:05:49 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=9REU50yUzX7XGIdfmHa/BHHdaQQ/UtpboA0H1yq2cyA=; b=rFCL34vsL+q1h+MMqorJB9zDrW3nYAMUdUWZ9/3LE8uvPAO7H9WZuuXAoc8ehcxgCT Vbjbg1U3QNqw8X5dyJZX+mEvHlRuq39aSQCeAhQbNzgOdUrdLymvt7lAV8Q0yOyP4UTk PKldXBlxtjLWdm7q4wwqsFiDk+ph/PMz4SVEs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=NZV9omgq/moIYpuzRptMLaRT/m/47L7Mjl0m+fW0QpfmFR56UQBt9kdWQ3YkgPZs+l jsW4hmSSx4hjM87tzIycCJ3oMWfDPSBw+lo/je9k81TG2zTRjdLTTTxw1uLzxSUCzkzP Tl40zmxK2wNvZAprxrB3ouiW4jKtuxQErADlw=
Oh, sorry I didn't see that you were proposing it as a synonym. My new question is should there also be then the synonym fillZero() or fillZeros()?
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Ricard Marxer Piñón <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Would then .setZero() change to fillZero() (of filZeros()) or stay the same ?
I just think these two methods do the same and should be called similary.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
+1 from me, waiting for Gael approval...
Btw Gael if you're ever looking for a job in Toronto, since today you
gave good chances. I made you sound like some sort of guru of cache
2009/1/23 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I find the notation M.setConstant() odd, because in for example
> double y = ... something not constant.
> MatrixXd M = ...
> M.setConstant(y) // <--- y is not a constant!
> I propose adding an alternate method:
> It doesn't overload the meaning of constant, is shorter, and has obvious