Re: [eigen] eigen1 removed from trunk; planning eigen2 beta2

Hi

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can we plan eigen2 beta2 by the end of this week? Does Friday sound good? Time
> for me to improve the docs, and to consider what can be done regarding Keir's
> requests (I'll reply when my thoughts are more clear...)

that's ok with me. I have not planed anything special for beta2 since
I know I won't have time to devote to Eigen for a few more weeks...
Nevertheless, I'll try to fix the #include <Array> issue in the
tutorial, and perhaps go through the doc too. I would like to
emphasize that there are some rough edges in the QR module. For
instance I'm not 100% sure about the API of the Tridiagonalization and
Hessenberg classes. The QR class itself is also not 100% clean. For
instance, in tridiag, there is an "in place" function which was
supposed to overcome the issue of reusing it in other computations
(e.g, EigenSolver), but in practice this is only done for the 3x3
case, and since we have the same issue in reusing QR in SVD, I guess
we should think about how to harmonize all this stuff...

gael.