Re: [eigen] Matrix assignment

On Monday 20 October 2008 20:48:15 Benoît Jacob wrote:
> However, I understand that as long as we keep the policy that "as soon as
> the number of rows and columns are >0, the array is allocated" then the
> checks that we already have on the numbers of rows and columns check
> implicitly that the arrays are allocated.

Hmm no in fact, I wrote too fast.

If we allow 0 size then we will have to add checks on rows()>0 at many places.

I still support your idea, I  just want to underline that it's a quite massive
change and we have to make sure we add this kind of checks everywhere it's
needed. For example, one such place is in the coeff() method of Product
expression, etc, in fact everywhere we loop over rows / columns.

---