|Re: [eigen] Bugs in Cholesky modules|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Bugs in Cholesky modules
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:57:12 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=oaQF1fE4XxAgK2DgweT0s35STiO6Lo63jSMtjDSGMnk=; b=XXIDf8XWWR69hYy0gHrcn0HvYyLOkamqXwqIL9tDl3KW9BpxX5z9FT1tQD7Hjfwpmh RMsSTakn+JoTLAOgW9aU6CWIYhFYRH+kaNauGJniyZQkHXnil5xInyfliGm74K3GgXpT Hja8Jj/A95mZ7a5vgZejcqVuEbWNeuEvJmYXU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=lEeNgp7yXRgTLSY8DXrK9lG1t0ponZlODou08JokblLwgd1vyqL07iiclFfruKoTo5 uPtR2mTRwynW5AezMJeu2pVfXQxHZkeEvnG/YV2Oacd1mny04HrqLtACz93UrMPI/kFa LS01xjQF/XsZ10BLBqUUacZP4DH6iWBBSGdmU=
bugs fixed in rev 856821.
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Timothy Hunter <tjhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I have found 2 bugs in the choleskyWithoutSquareRoot class:
> - it does not work with 1x1 matrices. I added a quick workaround on my local
> copy that checks if the size is 1, but I do not know if there is a more
> elegant solution than that.
I also did that, there is no better solution.
> Also, how big can fixed-size matrices be? I encountered some problems to
> compile code with Matrix<float, 1000, 1000> classes. (I am working on a more
> complete bug report for that).
the limit is the maximal memory you can allocate on the stack, for instance:
won't work, so there is no way that Matrix<float, 1000, 1000> works.
Actually, from my experience there is absolutely no advantage to use
fixed size matrices larger than 16.
> Any help will be much appreciated.
> Timothy Hunter
> Student (Stanford University)
> T. 404 421 3075