|Re: [eigen] Status of the eigen solver|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Status of the eigen solver
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:47:27 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=OtbfQgjIsmWeOkNRtXxFdpmaeUoXy0dnirb+Sa9negY=; b=hoNImfnOUfUtqDue40PX1dOC7BaVO1qprVWLVv2PDgqvO6kXQZDcmIT3WpIr8S4bgF 6crxvyGnbf9k16uGNLoKMFOkbPbHAhmKvvLUDQnh6bDFpPUqSGFr9IxXnKiY/HtzYrE/ hf8UZToMa3H+o1WxRNcKS733Tx8KCpN/wATw8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=Y3RFcaYDVtFy2+7U1G+6arEO2DxsB0wUnivDbvcSiQ0dXSMdVEegegB1JeUKH5JUBi Wc5zsrurp3zySgephE9HU6XViqmmkeAxj4sQg7BwCwe+qDCgCPEN9FqA0po0TV5CPs8M 1+0UYAWKg3SHdHPg0zHyHHWuWGc44mxB42hCc=
ah, thanks for the fix. Actually it is supposed to work for non symmetric matrices. At least it worked a while ago. I'll check that when I'll have time....
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wednesday 24 September 2008 22:14:12 Timothy Hunter wrote:OK, this function was recently renamed to segment(int,int).
> I would like to compute eigen values for non-symmetric matrices. I tried to
> use to the EigenSolver but it does not compile because it cannot find the
> function .block(int, int) (see attached log).
Fixed in r864468.
I tried re-enabling this test, and fixed it so it compiled, and the result is
> Also, the
> tests for non self-adjoint matrices are disabled in test/eigensolver.cpp .
> Does it mean this class is not ready yet?
that with a real, non-selfadjoint matrix, the unit-test failed at line 117.
So please consider it as not yet ready for now.
Gael, if it's not yet ready maybe #ifdef it out for now.