|Re: [eigen] Sparse Module Patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Sparse Module Patch
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:01:36 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=+EYo9zShahz9RmpX99sUoL9Sypqq7cyqEASJSYjhiGg=; b=GfiRcBVOEEZXBJHm7qlnpx8YtceoyXHvPuw2GbA8Y2s/QHKzgw0UNzy143zQeiQujF +p0QJ2V8rl18pcETokiAUiLC8JssMCORmUIRgzvu4PSEqmYbw+KKfWjQ4UWD0wXvCw0j mEhBIv31FSN1c1waaNjhsHoCovkd2ILLN55Gk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=Aclx6pgWGN4aUQ1vEGPwAm44ZD6d0tz2MXx81EAcYFVDhYw3FLmpLOz7lmxbEKWu1Q O7OG2NpS//z9CffNIPa/BL+VEHNFZH8/Eydm4GA+esazypSA0ez5BNsTdMpMpUFoOADh AA9TPfsq6RfNX3nEUl1Br2wijgIqBpL8dQ7i0=
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Daniel Gómez <dgomezferro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 01 September 2008 13:22:59 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>> sorry I was not very helpful to guide you with that stuff... actually
>> now I remember what was the big deal with m.row(i) += xpr; etc....
>> In fact, m.row(i) += xpr; should not be allowed in the general case
>> since this might create new non zero entries...
> But m.row(i) = m.row(i)*4; should be allowed? I think it should, it is easy to
> implement and efficient, although it may confuse users when m.row(i) =
> m.row(j); doesnt work because elements have different indexes.
I see. Then your Block specialization returned by sparse.row(i) could
not inherit MatrixBase and only provides allowed operations like
operator *= (scalar) and operator /= (scalar)
> I attach the current diff. In Core I just changed util/ForwardDeclarations.h
> and util/Constants.h . Be free to change tha naming I used if you think its
> not right. I also changed Block.h to add the declaration of the
looks OK, go ahead.
> I'll be a bit busy until mid-september as I am preparing an exam, by then I'll
> be able to spend a little more time on eigen. By the way, I just received my
> SVN account, so no need to complain to anybody hehe.
good luck !