Re: [eigen] alpha6!

Thank a lot Ben !

I look very much forward to seeing what you can do in Krita using eigen2.
Though, I know that you need Sparse and it's not yet ready. Btw if you want
to help with that, that's very welcome !

> My only issue is the usage of the operator Matrix3f() in
> AngleAxis and Quaterion and operator Scalar() and others in Rotation2d. The
> toMatrix() is clearer and less error prone IMHO.

As you can see in the code,

  operator Matrix3 () const { return toRotationMatrix(); }

the method you're asking for is named toRotationMatrix(). Do you think then
that it is a bad thing to also have the conversion operator? I can't really
see how it could be dangerous. One can also discuss whether it is better to
have an operator like this or a Matrix constructor. I don't really know...
this is Gael's work btw.

> Also, I hope you add the performance benchmarks as examples to the wiki.
> They would be good examples to work from No?

Do you mean the BTL benchmark,

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/eigen2/bench/btl/libs/eigen2/eigen2_interface.hh?view=log

or the old benchmarks,

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/eigen2/bench/

I'm OK with linking to them just in case one might be interested, but I
wouldn't point a newcomer directly toward that (especially the old benchs are
ugly).

I rather think that we should write real tutorials : that's badly missing!