|Re: [eigen] Planning alpha6 soon?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Planning alpha6 soon?
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:30:06 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=mx26+VjqFUScf9ocIa1xYV5dc1AEnlIzdBps0runL2M=; b=l/YMrce2dlOtC8Lh7fchuLbmdj362ZCJ1Bkbeak/EMOjoGt7IUqDrA4mORZ59TTBG7 e7PMjtCfKOWDOsgNFOf7tNMA5Eb36ug1C/wpyaZk8lsnGOW4BvsGFiEBhh1gChBLJNof Vn05i3R7N29eOgN0c9b0kB0lcTSXUTXaQBmQo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=tCjKfJZZEb6TLi/WUBvnhXVrD4Mvomr/HPw0osSUjUugXEjCkeU9Krx9cuuoDoRkiS 0Nw+paS34fPtHRXkN4kLz0Pa1WOP2tkixCcQjJZJDDa5Xq1VuAXl9n00UK+s16iuIhI9 VnN5H+YgLKFDJwWX5/vIWW8TuVSiajHtwoERI=
sounds like to be a good plan. For alpha6 I would also like to add
more unit tests since currently it is quite obvious that several paths
are not properly tested.
About the Sparse module it is quite clear it won't be part of the 2.0
release but I still have to work a bit on it to be sure there is no
need for "big" changes in Core, like introducing a small hierarchy of
MatrixBase (yes again !)
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to plan alpha6 for "real soon". My goal is to make it ready for
> avogadro, which means:
> - complete LU module
> - quick and dirty linear regression on top of LU
> - a few more features in Geometry
> - some API review
> - more documentation, both doxygen and wiki.
> My flight to Toronto is booked for July 23 so I must have done that before.
> I won't be able to spend that much time on eigen next schoolyear, but I hope
> that we can reach beta stage by the end of the summer, and attract more
> developers. (Note: it is not a problem to leave Sparse out of the 2.0 release
> if it needs some more time. I don't realize.)