[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] alpha4
- From: Andri Möll <aoeuid@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:38:47 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=YbEjpKSpm1foMTRqTCPbu/yxLZixb75A7vcUXQi2bbw=; b=CJyIx6F9EqBRj+9Ao5v+DTlHy1ncngxFMkeeYgrNUxWQhFPJs8tTF7qv2Xkrb1dWZpmg4K+2H4+IAHh/pcn16LicEq3tm8M2WFa5NQrX44YcgcwFLu8tionhVABfAyFbIgqX/EGvWO6AuuuQr6gxg/Xf/sCVBVMTpXj/UBT2gWM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=jLQbhdbD9OZ/4uwvjyPjv1ZQ0Uha3XERRs7q0mEM5WNWN3Hrl50ggLlJmbm/qkpgemHfKzr/wApyto1CIsoWIeDhNXDEHpuJvLnwppy1SDgltzepYDQu4Gih4fTY2szgLoWt8Et0SvbyQZOU0fn6CwEaYeRB2uDcHYM4phwX/1s=
Benoît Jacob wrote:
Let me introduce alpha4 to you.
The coolest thing about it is that Gael Guennebaud did most of the work. Since
i've been working on Eigen (for 18 monthes now), it's the first time that
someone else is contributing such large improvements.
Nice to hear you're getting more and more outside help too!
Here's a summary of what Gael's patches do:
- fix the sizeof issue that was discussed on this list. Done by reintroducing
a more subtle form of the MatrixStorage class, used as a member in Matrix. By
the way, fixing a nasty bug that I had introduced when removing
I'm sorry that I couldn't contribute any fixes myself for that issue. My hands
have been tied with other projects. Not to mention that my template
metaprogramming skills are not that advanced :)
I'll probably be dealing with linear math more in the future, so I'll keep an
eye on Eigen.
Good coding to both you, Benoît, and Gael!