[eigen] tvmet: licensing question for a project based on tvmet source code

Hello Olaf,

I'm developing a software project, Eigen2, that is based on tvmet 1.7.1 source
code. To be precise, Eigen2 is a C++ template library for linear algebra, and
many of its own source files are taken from tvmet. In a sense, you could say
it's a "fork" of tvmet, but in a very positive sense. I am mixing together
code from three different existing libraries (tvmet, eigen1, gmm++) in order
to hopefully create an even better linear algebra library.

I am writing this to ask for your confirmation that I am allowed to
redistribute Eigen2 under the plain unmodified GNU LGPL license.

I have seen that tvmet has an addendum to the LGPL. This addendum contains an
advertising clause (Clause 5). I want to redistribute Eigen2 without any
advertising clause. I _will_ advertise tvmet very generously on the Eigen
website and documentation. Actually, I am already advertising tvmet on
Eigen's website (eigen.tuxfamily.org). But while _I_ am perfectly fine with
advertising tvmet, I don't want to force _Eigen's users_ to do so.
Advertising clauses also lead to many licensing problems on which I could
elaborate.

As far as I can see, it isn't said anywhere that the addendum itself must be
kept in derivative works. So there are chances that I didn't even need to
write this e-mail. However, there are also chances that I do need your
confirmation, so I would feel relieved to read back from you.

Cheers,
Benoit Jacob