Re: [eigen] Re: Eigen 2, expression templates, and tvmet

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 20:39:25 Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> Hey Benoit,
>   Tvmet looks very good. It's benchmark scores for small sizes is
> amazing...
>
> I can only say that if eigen2 has a consistant wrappers for both the gmm++
> and tvmet classes and copy constructors for both, it'll seriously rock...

So I should clarify that in my plan, eigen2 doesn't have a wrapper for tvmet;
instead, eigen2 _is_ a "fork" (or, if you prefer, a sequel) of tvmet.

The difficult part will be to rip the expression template mechanisms out of
tvmet in order to be able to reuse them for gmm++.

> > I wrote to the TVMET developer and to the -devel mailing list, but got no
> > reply. The mailing list archives show only spam in the recent past, and
> > the last release dates back to 2005-04-26. So I think it's safe to say
> > that TVMET is unmaintained and orphaned.
>
> Weird, so was TinyVector before it. Hopefully eigen2 will be better
> maintained...

According to its website, tvmet was only used by 2 projects. Eigen1 is already
used by at least 5 projects.

So I start now with Eigen2.

-Benoit