[eigen] TODO

Hey,

I have great news: everybody is welcome to help me with Eigen 2, or else
there's no telling how long it will take.

the code is in /branches/work/eigen2. If you haven't a KDE account, you can
use anonymous SVN like this:

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/eigen2

If you have a KDE account, it's:

svn co https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/eigen2

I have hooked the CIA bot on this directory so commits are reported on #eigen
on Freenode (which by the way you're all welcome to join).

I paste the TODO below for your reading pleasure.

TODO

Eigen 2 business plan, aka TODO.

This is the work branch for Eigen2, eventually to supersede to Eigen 1 in
/trunk/kdesupport/eigen.

Eigen2 starts as a fork of the orphaned code of Tvmet.

- Phase A: cleanup and reorganize Tvmet code.
-- port from autotools to CMake (IN PROGRESS)
-- Remove unneeded/obsolete configure checks (IN PROGRESS)
-- Remove other unneeded defines and #ifdefs, like TVMET_DYNAMIC_MEMORY
   (we want to use fixed-size only at this stage).
-- Make sure the test-suite compiles and succeeds.
-- add a meta-header including all headers (requested by Andre)

- Phase B: Complete the fixed-size part of Eigen 2.
-- Add to the Vector and Matrix classes all the useful methods from
   Eigen 1. Also implement the other useful features from Eigen 1, like
   projective geometry, linear regression, quaternions.
   Make sure all that works nicely with the expression templates.
-- review the API for consistency, naming scheme etc.
-- Make sure all the optimizations of Eigen 1 survive in Eigen 2. For
   instance, in Eigen 1 we hand-unroll most of the nested loops that GCC 4.1
   fails to unroll. This is most useful and we need to make sure that Eigen 2
   does it too.
-- Extend the test-suite to cover everything.
-- Rename consistently Tvmet to Eigen while giving credit (keep copyright
   lines, mention Tvmet in documentation, README, website, etc.)

- Phase C: Do the dynamic-size part of Eigen 2 (as a GMM++ wrapper).
-- Import a SVN snapshot of GMM++ (there have been useful changes since the
   last stable release 2.0.2).
-- Write the wrapping classes using the expression template mechanisms from
   Tvmet.
-- Evaluate adding some methods/functions from Eigen 1, like those for linear
   regression.
-- Review the whole API (fixed-size and dynamic-size) for consistency and
   add bridges between the fixed-size and dynamic-size classes: constructors,
   conversion operators, etc.
-- In a perfect world we would be able to do dynamic-size matrices with
   fixed-size-matrix entries.
-- give credit to GMM in the documentation, README, website, etc.

- Phase D: ??????

- Phase E: $$$ Profit!!! $$$