[crisos] http/ftp firmware upgrade

I have a foxboard with the Etrax 100LX MCM 4+16 processor.
With the old SDK (devboard-R2_10 SDK) it included an updated flash util (R1_4_0) for updating the firmware via http or ftp.

I recently changed over to darwinfox8.09-4 [KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge, r14564)] and could not find a way to upgrade the firmware via http or ftp and sysupgrade does not support the etax.
Is there a way of updating the firmware via http or ftp?
or is there a way of putting the etrax in boot mode without having to change the jumpers and power cycle the device?

Thanks in advance.
Lucas