[crisos] Darwinfox repository organization

Hi all,
I open this discussion because I need help and suggest on how to
manage the darwinfox repository, I expect to have more than 2000 [1]
applications on this release!

This amount of package may trig this horrible bug
https://dev.openwrt.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/2702 ; on alpha
release I split the repository in two part to avoid this bug, but on
darwinfox this should be insufficient. We need more repository with
better granularity and a system to easy manage it.

a minimal set of repository can be:

src main http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox
#src network http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/network
#src net-extra http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/network-extra
#src media http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/multimedia
#src lang http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/lang
#scr other http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/other

I think a web2 based solution, this:

Every package is reported on website list with selectable option near it.
The repository admin (all registered user who like to do it) can
select the repository destination, this information is stored inside
plaintext file using ln command, daily the file is used to refresh the
repository index using cron.

An example (manage webpage):
                                main               media         utils
           network           netwotk-extra                  other
bash

bluez-utils                                                              X
svn

the above example is stored in runnable plaintext:
ln $OTHER_DIR/bash_*.ipk $ALL_DIR/bash_*.ipk
ln $UTILS_DIR/bluez-utils_*.ipk $ALL_DIR/bluez-utils_*.ipk
etc etc

daily crontab run something like:
for dir in $OTHER_DIR $UTILS_DIR ..... do
        rm $dir/*
done
.. the_plaintext_above

I'm looking for some help on writing the needed code and also ideas!!!

Regards
Claudio

[1] Yesterday I start to compile the application on my notebook (a
single core lol) and it is still compiling the programs begins with d
letter !
claudyus@claudyus-laptop:~/sdk/openwrt/trunk$ uptime
 10:58:07 up 20:44,  5 users,  load average: 1.64, 1.77, 1.63

--

User linux #415284
- http://www.crisos.org/

---