[cllfst] Fwd: nixCraft: HowTo: Use Bash Parameter Substitution Like A Pro plus 2 more posts in blog

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: nixCraft <vivek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/10/12
Subject: nixCraft: HowTo: Use Bash Parameter Substitution Like A Pro plus 2 more posts in blog
To: kaousstounsia@xxxxxxxxx

nixCraft: HowTo: Use Bash Parameter Substitution Like A Pro plus 2 more posts in blog

Link to nixCraft

HowTo: Use Bash Parameter Substitution Like A Pro

The $ character is used for parameter expansion, and command substitution. You can use it for manipulating and/or expanding variables on demands without using external commands such as sed or awk.

FAQ Updates – Oct/12/2010

Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:

Announcements

As requested by our readers I've made few changes to site:
  1. RSS feed - Get FAQ updates using rss feed here.
  2. Low graphics version - For dial up and lynx users we have added a low graphics version here.

nixCraft is on Facebook!

Not our Fan yet? We suggest you become one right away! Just visit our Facebook Page.. Click on the "like" button.

Download Ubuntu 10..10 (Maverick Meerkat) CD ISO / DVD Images

The latest version of the popular Linux desktop distribution Ubuntu 10.10 has been released and available from the official project web site. New features since Ubuntu 10.04 includes - Gnome 2.32, KDE 4.5.0 (QT 4.7), new KDE browser Rekonq, Pulse Audio as the default sound server, Firefox 3.6.9, OpenOffice 3.2.1, Evolution 2.30.3, Shotwell, Btrfs with experimental support, kernel 2.6.35, and X.org version 1.9.

You are subscribed to email updates from nixCraft
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google