[cairo-compmgr] Bug with borders in awesome

Im not sure if this is an issue with awesome or cairo-compmgr, but ever since the latest update on my system (I believe the update was for awesome) when running cairo-compmgr the borders for windows in the tiling window manager started screwing up. Windows are not placed properly (they are off center towards the top left). Here is a screenshot illustrating the problem
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9913/201010241680x1050.png
As you can issue the issue also happens with multiple windows
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9913/201010241680x1050.png
And this is what the borders are supposed to look like (when cairo-compmgr isn't running)
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9913/201010241680x1050.png

The screenshots don't completely show the problem, but the left border basically goes off the screen (in the screenshots it doesn't completely go off, but thats what is happening).

This issue of course only happens when cairo-compmgr is running with awesome, when awesome runs by itself the borders work as they should be

The version of awesome is 3.4.8 and the version of cairo-compmgr is 0.3.0

I can give more details if required