Re: [AD] 5.2 roadmap

Alright, so I gave this a bit more thought, and filled out the milestone thingie on github: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/milestones/5.2

As always, it's just a way to keep things organized, we can add/remove as necessary. There are two key goals I think:

First, I want to finish that unstable API idea. We need to make sure whatever API we expose in 5.2 is something that we can commit to keeping around.

Second, is the perennial fullscreen problems, with the added headache of high-DPI displays. Fullscreen is the typical usage of any game made by Allegro, so I think it's crucial to get that working well. This is mostly about OSX, but there's a bug there for Windows as well. I don't know the full status on Linux, but at least making sure it works ok with Unity, Cinnamon and KWin should be something we should check/fix as necessary. Note that I think fullscreen windows should be the primary focus, and mode switching should be a secondary and non-essential. The end user doesn't really care what it is as long as the entire screen is covered by the game's output, and to me it seems fullscreen windows are just easier to deal with on our end.

There's also an odd bug I included about window resizing in OSX causing a crash. I think that's also a pretty essential feature that we should support.

I recently finally decided to make a purchase of an OSX device, so I should be all set to fix all those issues myself in time, but as always, it'd be great to have some help :P. Also, if there are any other things that others deem essential to fix before then, then we can see what we can do about them as well.

Ideally, I'd like there to be no more releases of the 5.1 branch, so it'd be great to do this within the next few months. I think it can be done without going too crazy about it.

-SL