Re: [AD] Android & Blending Bug

There are some effects you can only do with separate blending. I think the problem will eventually go away (seems to be 1-2 year old devices that have the problem) so it might be worth supporting, though at present I'd say probably not because of how common the bug still is.

Trent

On 2014-09-24 8:57 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On Wed 24 Sep 2014 07:53:58 AM Trent Gamblin wrote:
I don't think there is a way to detect when it's needed but I'm open to
suggestions.

One possibility I thought of would be doing something like this on Android:

glEnable(GL_BLEND);
glBlendFunc(...);
glBlendFuncSeparate(...);

Perhaps stacking the calls would make things work on the problem devices
while still allowing for separate blending on the ones that don't have
the bug? Untested though.
Is there a great benefit to separate blendfuncs at all? If 20-25% of devices
just don't support it, it might not be worth supporting.