|Re: [AD] Windows DirectInput haptic driver and some small haptic enhancements|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.liballeg.org/allegro-developers Archives
- To: "'Allegro Development'" <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [AD] Windows DirectInput haptic driver and some small haptic enhancements
- From: "Trent Gamblin" <trent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 03:03:31 -0600
- Thread-index: AQIXR2kBw2+KWZu+DT3VO6jeFQfyZwHeOSaBmtBLz9A=
I tried SiegeLord's binaries. I have a Logitech F710 which does have some form of force feedback but I don't know anything about it and haven't used it. First example tells me the joystick doesn't support force feedback and second the 'Play' button is greyed out.
From: beoran@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:beoran@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: June 12, 2014 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: [AD] Windows DirectInput haptic driver and some small haptic enhancements
I finally got around to debugging my Windows DirectInput haptic driver
though a VM. I found that Windows is more severe when it comes to
locking the active display window than I had thought, and also, that
only Cartesian coordinates with 1 or 2 axes are well supported, at
least, on my joystick. I also used indent to format the code according
to the Allegro code standard.
I hope this is acceptable this time around, and anyone who has a
DirectInput compatible device (not XInput, though), please test this
and report your results.