Re: [AD] Windows DirectInput haptic driver and some small haptic enhancements

OK, I think I figured out the reason for the crash. The test program
ex_haptic assumes (perhaps incorrectly) that if al_is_joystick_haptic
works, then al_get_haptic_from_joystick will return nonzero. Which is
not the case if initialization fails somehow. The latter case isn't
guarded against, so this will result in a null hatpic device being
dereferenced. The ex_haptic2 program is more resillient and will not
show such NULL haptic devices.

So, that is what is happening here. "Could not enable haptic device
actuators" means that the given DISFFC_SETACTUATORSON command on
whaptic.cpp:830 failed for some reason (perhaps it was unsupported by
your jPSX controller). At that point the function will bail out and
return NULL. However, in retrospect I think that this might be too
severe. Could you try to comment out the "return false" on line
whaptic.cpp:843, and see if that helps anything?

I looked at the log, and it seems like two joystics are being
detected, and both have haptic capabilities. Did you connect two
joysticks? If not then this might be a different problem in the
joystick routines.

Finally, as for the style issues, I was hoping someone would point me
to an automatic way to solve most of these using a code beautifier.