Re: [AD] Legacy fullscreen in Linux

On Sun 20 Apr 2014 11:36:20 AM Trent Gamblin wrote:
> Going back a ways, Allegro's fullscreen mode doesn't work correctly with
> modern compiz. Running in fullscreen on Ubuntu 14.04 (and earlier, not
> sure how far back it goes), the dock and menu bar are always visible and
> the Allegro window shows up in the area beside them, shifted so you can't
> see XxY pixels (size of dockxsize of menubar.) Same thing happens on Mint
> 16 except with just the taskbar. It's visible in fullscreen mode and its
> height is cut off from the Allegro window.
>
> There's a workaround in compizconfig-setting-manager,
> Utility->Workarounds->Legacy Fullscreen Support, so it seems whatever
> Allegro does is "legacy".

That's somewhat amusing. When the code was written, and for some time after,
the behavior as exhibited by compiz was just plain broken. I could not get it
to behave reliably in any fashion.

Maybe that has changed, and there are new ways to get things to work, I don't
know.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx