Re: [AD] Fixing PhysFS text mode bug

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:37:02 -0500, SiegeLord <slabode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm considering fixing the bug reported here:
> https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/613353 , which would involve
> emulating text mode inside the PhysFS addon, probably with additional
> memory allocation for efficiency. Anybody have any philosophical
> objections to it?

I'm a bit wary of setting a precedent for any other implementations of
the ALLEGRO_FILE interface that touch disk (memfile performing newline
translation seems a bit absurd).

I also somewhat like that ALLEGRO_FILE is a thin layer over the
underlying implementation rather than introducing its own behaviour.
Of course, that has its downsides.

So.. not sure.

Peter