Re: [AD] Allegro haptics and linux drivers

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 08:32:08 +0200, Beoran <beoran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Op 06-07-13 04:38, Peter Wang schreef:
> > On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 17:30:52 +0200, beoran@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> This isa patch that adds the general support for force feedback /
> >> haptic devices for allegro and Linux drivers. I rebased the previous
> >> patch on the latest 5.1 branch and also cleaned it up a bit and passed
> >> in through indent.
> >>
> >> Kind Regards, B.
> > Thanks.  Just to let you know, I'm still going through it.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Dear Peter, thanks for your consideration,
>
> I know it's a big chunk to digest, and I apologise for my mediocre code.

I've cleaned it up and fixed a few bugs.  I think the API is a good
start that we can improve incrementally.  But maybe we should get
another implementation first, namely on Windows.

Can you add a more comprehensive example, where you can push buttons to
play different effects or even use a GUI to tune the parameters?

Also, valgrind reports a few errors when releasing the effect in
ex_haptics which I didn't look at.

Peter