Re: [AD] shader conveniences

On 03/06/2013 04:30 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
- a bitmap should by default act the same in programmable pipeline mode
   or not, so I guess that means new bitmaps should use a default shader.
   Would this solve the issue above in most cases?

I'd want to caution about catering specifically to this rare scenario. Presumably you are using the programmable pipeline because you want to create some shader effects of your own... there wouldn't be much improvement to having a default shader if you still have to jump through hoops to reset it to something useful.

To that end, if this sort of automatic setting should be done it should be configurable, ala al_set_new_bitmap_shader or whatnot.

-SL