Re: [AD] API review: iphone specifics

On 28 January 2013 13:16, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- al_iphone_get_last_shake_time

This seems like a quick-and-dirty API instead of generating events.
I would like to see it replaced, or removed.

I agree that it should generate events to be consistent with everything else. Events are much nicer than polling.

I assume this came about because someone wanted to know when a shake started and when it ended, so perhaps shake begin, in progress, and end events would be most convenient.

- al_iphone_get_battery_level

Not a huge deal in of itself, but I'm afraid that people will start
requesting it for other platforms, too (and not just mobile).

I agree that this is beyond the scope of Allegro. I'd like many input devices covered, but battery life is a system thing.