Re: [AD] 5.0.8-pre branch

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 10:37:28 +1100
Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:35:19 +1100, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a 5.0.8-pre branch.  Please help test it before I make a
> > release, likely this weekend.  There were a lot of conflicts to
> > resolve this time.  I haven't checked it even compiles on OSX.
>
> Reminder about this.  Planning to release tomorrow.

OSX Lion 10.8.2, 2011 MacBook Pro, HD3000, no GPU

Everything compiled with default settings, no libpng, no libjpeg.

In short: I'd say it can be released on OSX.

There's 6 failed tests:

test texture 15b RGB_555 [hw]
test texture 15b BGR_555 [hw]
test texture rw 15b RGB_555 [hw]
test texture rw 15b BGR_555 [hw]
test png [sw]
test tga [sw]

They all fail in 5.1 as well and are all long standing problems.

The 555 modes are likely an Intel bug in the HD3000. We probably should
remove the 15-bit modes from Allegro completely (16-bit modes like 5551
and 1555 work fine so those we would keep).

And we use non-premultiplied alpha in the test program for some reason,
which is not supported with the OSX loader so the alpha values are off:

http://www.allegro5.org/tests/run%20on%202012-08-31%2000:33osx/test%20png%20%5Bsw%5D.png
http://www.allegro5.org/tests/run%20on%202012-08-31%2000:33osx/test%20tga%20%5Bsw%5D.png

Difference + Normalize in Gimp:

http://allegro5.org/diff.png

I think SiegeLord had an idea how to fix it by loading the image twice,
once in alpha mode and that way extracting the alpha channel - but it
would be some effort to test it and libpng works fine.

Both demos work fine.

Some of the examples exit with a warning about an uncommitted
CATransaction. No idea what that is about.

ex_joystick_events crashes. ex_joystick_hotplugging freezes. There is
no joystick but it's still bad style :P

ex_noframe crashes on exit.

ex_fs_resize changes the mode of the desktop then remains like that
without any Allegro window or the ability to do anything. But my
opinion is that mode-changing is useless anyway. ex_fs_window works
fine.