Re: [AD] Teaching CMake to generate files

Am 14.07.2012 03:29, schrieb Peter Wang:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:09:41 +0200, Tobias Hansen <tobias.han@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [2] require-directx_shaders.c-only-on-windows.patch
>
> The implementation is guarded out anyway.
> I don't see the point in duplicating the logic.

It allows us to delete the file.

>> [3] let-cmake-generate-files.patch
>
> It wants to regenerate the files every time I run make.
> Also it introduces a deviation into the build system.
> Codifying the command lines into the build system is nice,
> but I won't commit it in this form.
>
> Perhaps as a manual target to be run by developers or distributors?
> Then the following patches wouldn't really be necessary as the generated
> files could be written to the current locations.

A manual target doesn't help me, because then the generated files would
still be required to run cmake.

I modified the patch so that the custom commands are only added if the
generated files are not present. Deleting the files and then running
cmake and make generates them.

>> [4] allow-specifying-build-dir-for-gl_mkalias.patch
>> [5] add-directory-parameters-to-python-file-generators.patch
>
> Not for now.

I found a way to specify the working directory and generate all the
files in the source tree, so these patches aren't necessary anymore.

>> [6] rename-scanline_drawers.c-to-scanline_drawers.h.patch
>
> A better name would be .inc.

Changed.

I hope you apply the following patches from

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/allegro5.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=HEAD

require-directx_shaders.c-only-on-windows.patch
let-cmake-generate-files.patch
rename-scanline_drawers.c-to-scanline_drawers.inc.patch

Your gain from them may not be large, but they also don't introduce any
disadvantages and I would not like to keep them as patches permanently.
After this is resolved I will ask Paul Wise again if he sponsors the
package.

Best regards,
Tobias Hansen