[no subject]

On 05/29/2012 03:27 PM, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> The docs for al_create_voice say " However, the underlying sound driver is free to use non-matching values. For example it may be the native format of the sound hardware."
>
> Which function in the audio driver is allowed to do this? And is it as simple as
>
> void driver_allocate_voice(ALLEGRO_VOICE * voice){
>   voice->frequency = 44100; // driver only supports 44100
> }
>
> I don't see any existing drivers modifying the voice's frequency. It is highly unlikely that most of the drivers support arbitrary frequencies.

> Live Security Virtual Conference

--------------060506060402070701080607

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    From looking at the code for al_create_voice it seems only
    driver_allocate_voice should modify the frequency. So is it ok to
    just update the voice parameter from that function?<br>
    On 05/29/2012 03:27 PM, Jon Rafkind wrote:
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
      The docs for al_create_voice say "
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
        font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
        letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 21px; orphans: 2;
        text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
        none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
        background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); font-size: medium;
        display: inline !important; float: none; ">However, the
        underlying sound driver is free to use non-matching values. For
        example it may be the native format of the sound hardware.<span
          class="Apple-converted-space"> "<br>
          Which function in the audio driver is allowed to do this? And
          is it as simple as<br>
          void driver_allocate_voice(ALLEGRO_VOICE * voice){<br>
          &nbsp; voice-&gt;frequency = 44100; // driver only supports 44100<br>
          }<br>
          I don't see any existing drivers modifying the voice's
          frequency. It is highly unlikely that most of the drivers
          support arbitrary frequencies.<br>
Live Security Virtual Conference
threats. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/";>http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/</a></pre>

--------------060506060402070701080607--