Re: [AD] Refactoring OpenGL bitmap locking

On Sun Apr 22, 2012, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:53:57 -0600, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Please commit it. I'm developing on Android and am trying to get
> > pause/restore working on a new device. This could change anything I do
> > so I'd prefer to start off with the new code.
>
> Ok, done.

One thing I've noticed is that you're new lock and unlock methods won't work
at all on mobile. Things like the client attrib stack just doesn't exist
there. How would you suggest it be made to support it without duplicating a
lot of code, and not adding too many more ifdefs?

At some point it might be better to just stick to an ES1/2 subset. Or separate
the two ports completely, with only extremely generic OpenGL code (that is
supported across Desktop and ES) shared. There's quite a lot of quirks too.
Which so far is the reason for the large amount of ifdefs and the like.

To actually fulfill the requirements you put in the patch comments, the entire
OpenGL code base would need a complete re-factor, including the new locking
code you just added. IMO.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx