[AD] ASCII art vs images

The pandoc dot unescaping bug got me thinking about replacing the ASCII art images in al_grab_font_from_bitmap and al_get_font_line_height with png images. However, it occurred to me that the whole issue of the bug was that the manpages are affected, and they don't support images at all. Is it even desirable to have images replace the ASCII art (I think they would certainly be nicer to look at/be more clear, but the manpages will be adversely affected)?

-SL