Re: [AD] al_set_color_mask function?

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I'd like a function in Allegro which allows this as well:
>
> al_set_color_mask(bool red, green, blue, alpha)
>
> It would be a state just like blending. Each component set to false
> would be ignored in all drawing. By default they all would be true
> of course.

I think it could use a better name like
al_[set/use/enable/mask/disable/...]_color_channels() because alpha
isn't a color and "mask" sort of implies something more configurable
than simply on/off.

Anyway as long as it returns true/false or there is some way to detect
whether or not it is supported given the current target or driver,
then it seems like a reasonable function assuming both D3D and OpenGL
have at least some support for it. (The docs sound as if it is driver
dependent on D3D.)

--
Matthew Leverton