Re: [AD] Display option change function

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 14:38 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> First I thought I would add a separate function,
> al_set_supported_display_orientations, but there are problems, namely
> where to store this information. It has to be stored in a display, but
> has to be settable before the display is created. I could make the
> function cache the values and all that, but it seems to me the best
> solution is just having an al_change_display_option function and
> that's what I'm proposing. We can document which options can and
> cannot be changed.

This is similar to al_set_new_window_position and al_set_window_position
- need one function for calling before the display is created and one to
change it afterwards.

For the displays flags we already have al_set_new_display_flags and
al_toggle_display_flag . So sounds to me that having
al_set_new_display_option and al_change_display_option would be
consistent with that.

And the display 'flags' as opposed to 'options' are just a convenience -
we could get rid of all the flags and have each one be a boolean option,
there's really no other difference.

So, yes, I agree that al_change_display_option sounds like a good idea
(even though I suggested the al_set_supported_display_orientations in
IRC I think).

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>