Re: [AD] iOS multiple screen support plans

On 22 Oct 2011, at 16:37 , Trent Gamblin wrote:
> What? Of course it's a display. It's a tv screen or monitor. No difference at all.

Yeah, sorry, typo. Those things are *called* a "display", but within Allegro, a "display" is something that gets "displayed", could be a window, could be a fullscreen image. ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_EXPOSE doesn't mean I unwrapped my monitor (display), ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_RESIZE doesn't mean I just squashed my monitor, ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_LOST doesn't mean I misplaced my monitor, ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_FOUND doesn't mean I just remembered where it was, al_create_display() doesn't spawn a new monitor on my desk (unfortunately) and al_destroy_display() doesn't blow up my screen.

So given this context, an event that tells me another display device has been attached to the computer should not be called ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_CONNECTED. It should be something like ALLEGRO_EVENT_SCREEN_CONNECTED.

Evert