[AD] pandoc links

Before I try figuring it out myself - why do links like
[ALLEGRO_EVENT_JOYSTICK_AXIS] not work in the documentation? It appears
in the table of contents and can be linked to as
http://www.liballeg.org/a5docs/refman/events.html#allegro_event_joystick_axis but I can't get pandoc to make a link to it from elsewhere in the documentation. And now with close to 30 events a "See also: ALLEGRO_EVENT" is getting a bit unhelpful.