[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3394253 ] TLS-related crash with Windows XP and 2003

Bugs item #3394253, was opened at 2011-08-19 04:06
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by peterix
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3394253&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Windows
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello, I'm using Allegro 5 for some very weird things in very weird ways :)
Basic design is like this:
I have a game I have no sources for, but it uses SDL, I replace SDL with my own library, which then acts as a plugin loader. One of the plugins then uses Allegro to paint a nice isometric view of the game world (as opposed to the game's ASCII codes). On windows, this uses the LoadLibrary call, in turn also loading Allegro.

The issue is that XP and 2003 have broken implicit TLS when the library that uses TLS is loaded this way, leading to crashes on the first Allegro call.

Some links related to the issue:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684175%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=187