Re: [AD] 5.0.4

I was going to confirm on the 5.0 branch first, but I'll share some recent headaches I had with building Allegro 5.1 from source on MSVC 10 (+ addons and dependencies):

I suggest linking to static dependencies (like libogg_static):
Also, MSVC cannot find an "m.lib" when doing the vorbis compile test. Apparently it was added because it's required when linking to static libraries, but I removed that bit from the CMakefile without a problem.

Finally, I tweaked the CMake files so the d3dx9 libraries are auto-detected and only searched for once.

John

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Michał Cichoń <michcic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MSVC eats Allegro code without a puke. Looks promising.
I will prepare a new build as soon as new tag will be created.

On 7 August 2011 16:31, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 12:32 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you would know if you just got spammed by 60 odd commit messages,
>> I've backported changes from 5.1 in preparation for a 5.0.4 release.
>> I will probably make the release next weekend, so try to test out the
>> 5.0 branch on your preferred platform before then.  Also let me know
>> if there is anything you think I have missed.
>>

> I can confirm that it compiles on OSX 10.7 (except I have to edit
> addons/acodec/CMakesLists.txt and disable the vorbis check as it always
> fails when using CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=i386).

thedmd, Michał Cichoń
Artifex Mundi
michcic@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.artifexmundi.com