[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3367185 ] al_draw_rectangle misses bottom-left corner pixel

Bugs item #3367185, was opened at 2011-07-14 12:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3367185&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Addons
Group: 5.1

Initial Comment:
When the thickness is negative, the implementation on DirectX misses 1 pixel on the bottom-left corner of the rectangle.
This is because the ALLEGRO_PRIM_LINE_LOOP is simulated by adding final closing line to the vertex buffer, but it is drawn in opposite direction.

To fix, the direction of final closing line must be from bottom to up, i.e. from last point in buffer to first one.

Date: 2011-07-14 12:11

Message:
As the documentation says, the missing pixel is expected - you need to
specify a thickness to avoid it. Do you have a link to some DirectX
documentation specifying the rasterization rule which draws different
pixels depending on the line direction?

In OpenGL it makes no difference and the pixel is always missing no matter
which way the line is drawn - so we can't fix it in general. If it can be
fixed for DirectX that should still be done of course. Myself I can't make
a patch since I don't have Windows though.