[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3381623 ] Segmentation Fault

Bugs item #3381623, was opened at 2011-07-29 00:05
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sandrocoelho
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3381623&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Linux
Group: 5.1

Initial Comment:
I\'ve been working in a project that uses Allegro 5.03. This uses TTF and image add-ons and sometimes (nondeterministic) I receive segmentation fault on ttf.c file line 658 and xdisplay.c file line 715 . I don\\\\\\\'t know why it is happening ... Is anyone have one tip or material that I can read to solve this? I will have thankfull if someone could help me on it.

Best regards,

Compiler: gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-8ubuntu4)
IDE : CodeBlocks 10.05
SO : Ubuntu Linux 11.04

Date: 2011-07-31 20:11

Message:
I commented some lines like

//   ASSERT(ogl_bitmap->fbo_info->fbo_state > FBO_INFO_UNUSED);
//   ASSERT(ogl_bitmap->fbo_info->fbo != 0);
//   ALLEGRO_DEBUG("Deleting FBO: %u\n", ogl_bitmap->fbo_info->fbo);

in ogl_bitmap.c

and
  // FT_Done_Face(data->face);

in ttf.c

and now my program receive segmentation fault once at the end, on line
XCloseDisplay(sx->x11display); in xsystem.c file.....

I will continue looking errors in the code for try help to solve it . Best
Regards

Comment By: Sandro Coelho (sandrocoelho)
Date: 2011-07-30 18:53

Message:
Hello Elias, Thank you for the answer!
I've uploaded the core dump and some logs generated on terminal using
option -g0 on gcc. With the code from svn is occurring the same errors.

Regards

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2011-07-29 05:45

Message:
Can you run with the debug version of Allegro and attach the generated
allegro.log?

Also, can you get a debugger backtrace?

And lastly, if you can try that, does the same happen with the SVN version
of Allegro?