Re: [AD] 8-bit palette support for A5

On 29/05/2011 8:00 AM, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
On 28 May 2011, at 17:18 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
- Formats other than .bmp and .pcx. Could be a lot of work, e.g. to
support .png need three versions, one using libpng, one GDIPlus, one the
native OSX loader. And not sure how easy it is to get index/palette
information out of any of those.
I think it's fine to say that we only support 8 bit images for PCX and BMP, at least for now. Ideally we'd be able to do PNG as well, of course.

GIF is the most popular of all 8bit formats.