Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3300871 ] [4.4.1.1] Unix module loader doesn't check sound drivers

On May 13, 2011, SourceForge.net wrote:
> Bugs item #3300871, was opened at 2011-05-12 17:13
> Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tjaden
> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3300871&group_
> id=5665
>
> Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment
> thread, including the initial issue submission, for this request,
> not just the latest update.
> Category: None
> Group: None
>
> Initial Comment:
> After fixing bug 3300870, the module loader still doesn't load alternative
> sound drivers (ALSA, JACK, ...) because system_driver hardcodes it should
> be using OSS.
>
> Attaching a "fix" for that as well, it works perfectly for me with that,
> but obviously it undoes whatever the system_driver loading was intended to
> accomplish.

> >Comment By: Peter Wang (tjaden)
>
> Date: 2011-05-13 18:15
>
> Message:
> It works for me (the code in SVN, not your patch).
>
> We should consider getting rid of the module system, or disabling it by
> default, as it is pretty pointless nowadays (if it was ever not pointless).

It has the same function as using split libs in A5. Keep dependencies down on
the main lib, so distros can ship support for jack, alsa, oss, arts, whatever,
and not have to compile them all into the library.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx